Monday, February 24, 2014

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo : Review

I have been trying to do this post since a long time. You guys remember the Great Online Shopping Festival at the end of December. I got hold of two NYX products at a relatively lower price from Nykaa.com

Today I am going to review one of them for you. It is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream In Monte Carlo Shade.



The company says " It is neither lipstick nor lipgloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth & sets to a matte finish. It is suprisingly durable and moisturizing"

Price

Well it costs INR 750 but I got it for INR 600 at the GOSF.



NYX is truly an international brand. Thanks to Sephora for bringing the brand to India and also these days we can buy NYX online too. When I first saw the product I was hooked on to it. I wanted to try something which is kind of a lipstick-cum-lipgloss and is creamy. But when it comes to colors I want I just do not trust online swatches given in the website. They are all system generated.

After hovering around on Google and matching actual swatches from different blogs, I zeroed on the Monte Carlo shade. It is a very pretty red color with blue undertone. It suits all Indian skin tone and is superbly pigmented. It is creamy as well.




The Bottle comes in the same shade as of the lip cream and it has a wand similar to lip glosses. You just dig in to the bottle with the wand and there comes out the lip cream. One to two swipe and whoossh you are done!

Monte Carlo as a shade is a great red. It instantly makes my face stand out and glow.

The product is creamy but it settles down into matte finish soon after application. But it is dry after applying on to the lips. I make sure to exfoliate my lips before I use this lip cream. I also use a lip balm beneath.



The most hard part is removing the lip cream. It is super rich and just does not fades off. Not even with baby oil or makeup remover. It leaves behind a stain even after removing it.

It stays onto my lips straight for 8-9 hours (I usually wear it to work) surviving all meals of the day. Genius!

You can buy it from HERE

Swatch




Hi Fivez

1. Cream Based formula
2. Superbly pigmented
3. Handy
4. No product wastage
5. Stays long
6. Makes the face glow
7. decent price


Low Fivez

1. Dry on lips
2. Lips need exfoliation before using
3. Hard to remove
4. Available either online or at Sephora outlets only in Delhi




Rating

5 out of 5

Re Purchase?

For Sure!

Overall verdict it is a great shade to adorn! Go for it babes!

You can buy it from HERE.

Have you ever used NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream? Let me know.....